DIY pins

11:06:00




Here is a new DIY inspired on the biggest accessory hype; Pins!

I made this DIY because I was looking for nice pins to put on my jacket and couldn't find the right ones. So I thought, might as well take matters into my own hand. 

First, I came up with this idea of using shrinking foil. I used to use this material a lot when I was younger because I could create everything with it: hair-clips, earrings, you name it!

So, this week I ran into the craft store to get shrinking foil and pencils to create tons of pins.
Moreover, today, the hubby and I, yes he is back and I am so happy, created some amazing pins. 
He made a few himself, after he saw me drawing and coloring. Today was kind of like a therapeutic Saturday with lots of drawing and crafting, ha-ha. 

Because you have to draw on the foil yourself, you can create anything you like. I drew fruit emojis, quotes and even a Chanel nail polish pin.

It is impossible to stop once you get the hang of it. 


Here you can find my step by step guideline.

The only things you need are:

  1. Shrink foil
  2. Permanent markers
  3. Safety pins
  4. Scissors 
  5. Oven
  6. And last but not least: creativity!

On a side note: You have to make your drawings quite big because they shrink up to almost 40% once you put them in the oven. In addition, the foil gets really hard. 

1: Draw some images on the RAW side of the foil.


2: Cut them out carefully after drawing.
3: Put them in the oven at 175 degree.
4: After they shrink, get them out of the oven and put a heavy object on the figures (like a heavy book) to flatten them out. 
5: Get safety pins(yellow one in the picture below) and glue these on the back of the foil, dry it out, and your pins are ready to use. Couldn't be any easier right? 


6: Now pin it on everything you like: leather jackets, bags, shoes; just do it! 
 What do you think?!



You Might Also Like

1 reacties

You can leave a comment here!